Monday, November 10, 2014

Russell Brand Doesn't Get Why People Are Laughing At Him


Russell Brand has responded to the Parklife ribbing he's been receiving on social media. In his version of Parklife by Blur, he lets us know that...

...words used efficiently can be a dangerous tool that slices through propaganda like a SHARP KNIFE.

He has an interesting take on what it means to use words efficiently. In fact, he doesn't seem to have understood the whole thrust of the Parklife ridicule. It's aimed at his overly elaborate, pretentious use of language. 

My version of Parklife would go something like this...

Over-confidence is the pretence of the habitual pseudo-intellectual that is known as 

RUSSELL BRAND! 

And mourning language comprehension can be avoided if you take a route completely avoiding 

RUSSELL BRAND!

John’s got brewers droop he gets intimidated by the prattling verbosity 

 RUSSELL BRAND!

But his fans love a bit of it 

 RUSSELL BRAND!

Who’s that Beverly Hills millionaire marching? You should cut down on your self-righteousness mate… Get some integrity! 

[CHORUS]
ALL THE PEOPLE 
SO MANY PEOPLE 
THEY SHOULD ALL GO HAND IN HAND 
HAND IN HAND TO THEIR LOCAL WATERSTONES

Know what I mean? [Um, no?!] 

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by my book publisher 

RUSSELL BRAND!

I put my trousers on, snort some coke and I think about plugging my book 

RUSSELL BRAND! 

I feed the left wing conspiracists I sometimes appropriate the Buddhists too, it gives me a sense of enormous financial well-being 

RUSSELL BRAND! 

And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge I’ll only need a tiny bit of my time devoted to it 

RUSSELL BRAND!

[CHORUS]

It's got something to do with vorsprung durch heuchelei* you know 
And it's not about my circular arguments that go round and round and round 

RUSSELL BRAND! 
RUSSELL BRAND! 

[CHORUS X2]

*I know this isn't right, but my German is limed to Google Translate. Sadly, there is no Brand to English option!

No comments:

Post a Comment