Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Completely Inconsequential Blog No. 1

I've toyed with the idea of writing a blog before but always rejected the idea for three reasons:

  1. I'm an incredibly lazy person and can't be sure I'd keep it up for long after the initial post (let's see after this one, eh?).
  2. I don't live an exciting, thrill-a-minute life that would throw up worthy experiences to blog about.
  3. It strikes me as slightly arrogant and self important to believe that others would want to read about my views, experiences or humour.
So, what's changed? I still believe these reasons stand but, since February this year, I've been using Twitter and have enjoyed the micro blogging experience. But every now and then I've felt restricted by the 140 character limit when dealing with more involved topics. So, I am going to set this blog up for such occasions and perhaps the odd non-twitter related musings.

It's been a strange experience writing this first entry, in the knowledge that no one will read it any time soon (or perhaps ever). I don't know enough about blogging to be certain how to build up a readership but presumably being interesting would be a good start. Point 2 springs to mind at this point... I best start thinking about something interesting to write... Hmmm... Oh yes, point 1 comes into play now... Oh well, this was a waste of half an hour of typing!


If, by mistake, you find yourself reading this and have any comments or tips, feel free to share them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment